Our long experience in the science of ophthalmology, the modern medical equipment and the constantly updated and the search for new medical methods and techniques, make the Surgeon Ophthalmologist Karageorgopoulos Demetrius the safer choice in eye health issues.
I was born and raised in Almiros Magnisias on 1956. Medicine was interesting to me even from my school age. Guided with love towards it and with the desire to contribute, I have started my studies at the University of Aristotle at a Medicine Faculty, in Thessaloniki in 1975, from where I graduated in 1981.
Afterwards, I served in the Army as Doctor in a Military Hospital of Drama. I did my specialization in ophthalmology at the Agios Dimitrios Hospital in a period of 05/86-05/90.
The specialist title was given to me in 1990.
Following my specialization title I also got specialized in:
- Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus at the Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus of Indiana University, USA
- in cataract surgery (phacoemulsification technic) at the Cincinnati Eye Institute, USA
- in refractive surgery with Laser at the Cretan University
I am also active in the field of medical science taking part at many conferences in Greece and outside Greece as well. My work is also thought to many colleagues of mine.
The list of the following Ophthalmological Associations are some of the very well known throughout the world and I am proud to be their member:
1. American Academy of Ophthalmology
2. International Society of Refractive Surgery
3. European Strabismological Association
4. Hellenic Society of intraocular Implant and refractive Surgery(HSIOIRS)
5. Ophthalmological society of Northern Greece
6. Hellenic Ophthalmological Society
From 1990 I am working as Private Ophthalmologist with my office in Thessaloniki.
Last but not the least, from 1992 I am working as an Ophthalmologist at the Social insurance institute in Greece (IKA) in Neapoli, Thessaloniki, where I have established the Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus for the Northern Greece..